Right before the Christmas holiday I attended the Merry Mingle event at Foxwoods Resort Casino. This event was hosted by two fabulous ladies, Audrey and Vera. Other local bloggers like myself traveled there to learn more about the Tanger Outlets that had recently opened. We were also treated to some fun on their outdoor ice skating rink and a fabulous lunch. Let’s talk about the food the team at Foxwoods treated us to: mini sandwiches, a crudité platter that was almost too pretty to eat, delicious salads and the most divine cupcakes ever! The glass of champagne didn’t hurt either.
Tanger Outlets: Discover Your Style
The Tanger Outlets are packed with stores for everyone on your shopping list. Over 80 stores to be exact. The sales; well, they were incredible. I love shopping outlets because I like to score a deal. I mean, who doesn’t? In the winter, do you want to walk from store to store in the frigid temps? Not me! Tanger Outlets is an fully enclosed outlet, connected right to Foxwoods! Did I mention free covered parking too? I can only imagine all the sales for the upcoming President’s Day holiday. Plus, spring is around the corner which means they need to make way for new merchandise. I suggest a trip
Ice skating was a hoot. The ladies were a blast. We laughed and laughed. I particularly laughed at how terrible I am was on skates. I have stronger talents. Some were incredible on the skates. I met new and old friends. The rink is such a fun addition to the already jam-packed venue. Plus, it is gorgeously decorated! Adirondack chairs and fire pits add such a fun element as well!
Family Fun At Foxwoods
While the day was about the ladies: I was surprised to learn how family friendly Foxwoods Resort Casino really is. I’ve have included my son on some trips to Foxwoods in the past, but they have some nice family friendly additions I wasn’t aware of. I know I will be taking Landon one day during February vacation. The arcade, ice-skating, buffet lunch and shopping sounds like a great mother/son day to me! Take a look at some of the family friendly activities and events Foxwoods Resort Casino has to offer.
- Tree House Arcade – Open 7 days per week. The best video games of yesterday and today are all here, including favorites that appeal to adults and kids alike: Candy Crush, Ms. Pac-Man, Wheel of Fortune, Connect Four, air hockey and more.
- High Rollers Bowling Alley – 20 lanes of fun for all ages! Boasts fun décor and serves casual food options for everyone.
- Kid-centric Tanger Outlets: Old Navy Outlet, Gymboree Outlet, GO! Toys and Games, IT’SUGAR
- Foxwoods Ice Rink and Winter Patio– The regular cost for adults is $10 ice fee, $5 skate rental; the regular cost for kids is $6 ice fee, $2 skate rental – making this a fun, affordable activity for the entire family.
- Disney’s Fantasia –Feb 20th 2016 A live concert experience with music from the classic Disney film performed by the Czech National Symphony Orchestra – and paired, of course, with stimulating Disney animation and everyone’s favorite character – Mickey! Purchase tickets here
- Clifford the Big Red Dog – A musical extravaganza for the whole family, featuring everyone’s favorite canine! Two shows on April 19: 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Purchase tickets here
- April Vacation – Kids Week! Kids Week will include free movies, arts and crafts, face painting, meet and greets with favorite characters, air brush tattoos, a Kiddie Game Lounge with video games and old favorites, like Checkers and Gladiator Joust. Parents can bring their kids and enjoy the affordable festivities.
Visit Foxwoods Resort Casino
Foxwoods Resort Casino is the largest resort casino in North America, with over 9 million square feet and so much to do. They have world-class gaming with six casinos, four hotels, 30 plus dining experiences, two luxurious spas, two theaters, six nightclubs, a luxury bowling alley and two golf courses. There truly is something for everyone. When are you planning on going? With so much under one roof, you will surely have a great time! I know I did!