It was the Biggest Auto Show in New England… and the perfect place to browse hundreds of the newest vehicles! I was lucky enough to have a private tour alongside She Buys Cars BEFORE the doors opened to the public. Located at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center in the Seaport District, the New England International Auto Show is the premier showcase of imported and domestic vehicles. Efficiency and more eco-friendly options were certainly the theme I noticed among manufacturers! Of course, technological advances couldn’t be missed either! You must check it out next year! Below, I highlighted just some of the things I found interesting and thought were worth mentioning.
- 2015 & 2016 were not great years for the car industry. Manufacturers are already feeling the pressure for 2017, which is a huge benefit for consumers. In the market for a car, now is the time to buy!
- The industry is trying to stay ahead of safety standards. Many cars on the market have features that were once considered a luxury, are now standard! Talk about getting more bang for your buck!
- Nissan Rogue was the #1 selling crossover for December 2016. Nissan is innovating from the ground up. Plus, they sold a limited edition Rogue One (Star Wars), only 5,000 available. What a cool concept for the Star Wars & car lover!
- Chevy Volt was the first car to have a hybrid plug-in capability 6 years ago. Was a cool fact I didn’t know!
- Prius Prime– This hybrid gas plug-in is even more gorgeous in person. This car will be the future. The features are amazing and I know what my next car will be! With 640 miles EPA total driving range and 133 EPA-estimated MPGe , this car will save you money as well as limit the footprint we leave on the environment.
- Scotty Reiss, founder of She Buys Cars is like a walking dictionary on vehicles. It didn’t matter the make, model or year, she provided us with a one-on-one tour of the event and knew anything and everything about these cars. If you are in the market for a car, you must visit She Buys Cars. They will give you a non-biased opinion based on your needs and wants. I thoroughly enjoyed this portion of the day the most! So informative!
While there is so much more I could write on all the amazing cars I saw, above were just some tidbits of information that really stuck with me. As a hybrid driver, I was pleasantly surprised to see more manufacturers offering hybrid options. My favorite car of the day without a doubt was the Toyota Prius Prime. I can’t wait to hopefully get my hands on one of those bad boys. Well done Toyota. Well done. What is your favorite car for 2017? I would love to hear all about it!